It’s Not Too Late for a Little Tax Planning
Tax season is right around the corner. Here are some Social Security tax tips from the Social Security Administration (SSA) that may help you.
- If your total income, including Social Security, is $25,000 as an individual or $32,000 as a couple filing jointly, you’ll need to pay tax on some of your benefits.
- If you get Social Security and don’t receive your 1099 from us by the end of January, request one at www. ssa. gov/1099.
- Have children? Your child needs a Social Security Number to be claimed on your tax return. Learn more about getting one at www.ssa. gov/ssnumber.
- You’ll want to let Social Security know if you changed your name in the past year, due to marriage, divorce, or any other reason.
- Check your W-2s and tax paperwork to make sure your name and Social Security number are correct.